Business Networking is an essential skill for most Tewksbury business people, but especially for entrepreneurs. The strong association between the entrepreneur as a person and his or her business demands that entrepreneurs get out into the world and create and maintain business relationships. Here are some tips and resources to help you improve your Tewksbury Business networking skills and extend your reach.
Effective business networking is the linking together of Tewksbury MA individuals and businesses who, through trust and relationship building, become walking, talking advertisements for one another.
Tewksbury Business Networking Tips:
- Keep in mind that Business networking is about being genuine and authentic, building trust and business relationships, and seeing how you can help one another.
- Ask yourself what your goals are in participating in business networking mixers so that you will pick groups that will help you get what you are looking for.
- Ask open-ended questions in networking conversations. This means questions that ask who, what, where, when, and how as opposed to those that can be answered with a simple yes or no. This form of questioning opens up the discussion and shows listeners that you are interested in them.
- Become known as a powerful resource for others. When you are known as a strong resource, people remember to turn to you for suggestions, ideas, names of other people, etc. This keeps you visible to them and on their mind when your services are needed.
- Have a clear understanding of what you do and why, for whom, and what makes your doing it special or different from others doing the same thing. In order to get referrals, you must first have a clear understanding of what you do that you can easily articulate to others.
- Be able to articulate what you are looking for and how others may help you. Too often people in conversations ask, “How may I help you?” and no immediate answer comes to mind.
- Follow through quickly and efficiently on referrals you are given. When people give you referrals, your actions are a reflection on them. Respect and honor that and your referrals will grow.
Follow up: Call business contacts you meet who may benefit from what you do and vice verse. Ask if you could get together and share ideas. Don’t forget that a person within our Business Association is a Network of its own, just because one person may not be interested in your products or services, they can still recommend you to their perspective network.